- Thanksgiving came and went in a flash. We traveled a short distance to my brother and sister-in-law's house in GR. We had a great dinner and sat around afterwards watching my SIL, Heidi and her SIL, Brenda, figure out their plan of attack for Black
FridayThursday shopping starting at 8pm. It was fun to imagine going out, facing the crowds, and finding some sweet deals but it all reality mybedhotel bed sounded much better at that point. We headed back to our Holiday Inn around that time and Grandma and Papa Wheeler took the grand kids swimming. Alyssa was a stinker to try and get to bed but eventually fell asleep in the pack-n-play. Around 3 am, Madelyn awoke in a coughing fit and couldn't get that pesky cough to let up. I worried about Alyssa waking up and our whole sleeping plan being thrown out the window. So Madelyn and I got up, out of bed and drove over to the neighboring Meijer at about 3:20am. It was pretty empty however, there were a few shoppers here and there drinking coffee and appearing to be "killing time" as they sat on the carpeted areas leisurely browsing the ads. I wasn't sure if they were waiting for a certian time for a sale to start or just what they were doing. We bought some Delsym cough suppressant and after giving it to Madelyn, we did a little toy browsing ourselves (just to be sure the medicine would kick in). About 4:15 we headed back to the hotel and she was able to get back to sleep. It was a fun day/night. - For those of you who are close to me, you are aware of my brother's troubles. He is sick, very sick and he needs help and prayer- a miracle really. After a long cycle of hospitalizations and self destructive behavior, he is now in Florida and hopefully on the road to recovery and spiritual transformation. It's hard to see and feel God when things are going badly for so long, but one thing I do know is that He is in control- always. I am trusting in His mercy and grace and that God has a plan that will ultimately prevail.
- Another more serious note- My great Aunt Peg passed away a few weeks ago. She had become suddenly ill and while in the hospital suffered a severe stroke that she never was able to recovered from. She was a wonderful lady whom I spend many Christmas eve's, summers and 4th of July's out at her lake with her and Uncle Bill. We will miss her dearly!
- On a more positive note:) Madelyn's doing great in Preschool! We had her first parent-teacher conference in November and she's met and exceeded all preschool academic goals. Things to work on include being able to dress herself to go outside (zipping her coat) which she has since mastered, voluntarily going to the bathroom rather than waiting until the last minute (big surprise there!) and she is already doing much better. I am so proud of the sweet, young, caring little girl she is becoming. I pray she always keep the kindness she possess now and continues to love learning.
- Ballet is going great at Academy of the Arts this year. This is her 2nd year but 1st at this studio. Morgan isn't her teacher but we enjoy seeing Morgan each week because she arrives for class shortly before Madelyn's class ends. Looking forward to her recital in the Spring and celebrating with Morgan as it will be her SENIOR recital!!! (tear..)
- Tomorrow is Madelyn's preschool Christmas party and the kids are going to sing songs for us. I am excited to be a part of it!
- Now for the inspiration behind the title of this post- Sweet Sign of Relief....I AM A MASTER TEACHER!!!! I just completed my master's in reading and I am just over the moon thrilled to have this behind me! I no longer have to spend weeknights online making posts to the discussion boards or my weekends writing papers. I'll always have a lot on my plate with working full-time, being a mom full-time, and taking care of a household but this certainly lightens the load a bit.
- Sometimes when I look out the window or drive down the road- it's hard to think about Christmas only being a week away. With the sun shining and the roads being clear and dry it's easy to start dreaming about Spring Break....beaches....warm sun....sand....I'll stop now. We aren't even close to that time yet.
- February will be a gooooood month:)
- For now- Its back to work tomorrow to finish up this final week and then 2 weeks off to spend with my beloved family. I am just SO, SO, SO excited to be with my family this Christmas season. I have so much to be thankful for and so many wonderful people in my life. Life is so very good right now. Praise the Lord!
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Sweet Sigh of Relief:)
Lots has been happening around the Wheeler house as of late! As with every Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year holiday season, there are lots of things to get done, places to go, and people to see. Due to my lack of organized thoughts right now, I will give a bullet list of our recent happenings:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment