Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday, Alyssa Lou!

Our little Alyssa turned two the Saturday after Thanksgiving and we had a big family party for her at our house.  With Madelyn's help we decided on the My Little Pony/rainbow theme.  I had planned to make the famous layered rainbow cake and some layered rainbow jello cups but ended up only making it to the cake.  I opted for a date night on Friday rather than staying in the make colored jello cups.  I am glad I decided to forgo all the extras because we had plenty to eat with 10 large pizzas, chips, dip, cake, ice cream, punch and soda.

Alyssa woke from her nap around 3:30 with a fever of 102.9 and bright red, rosy cheeks.  This was a duplicate of Madelyn from a couple days before.  I gave her some motrin and continued on with the party plans.  She perked up after the medicine kicked in and had a good time with the guests:)
She did a great job blowing her candles out and thoroughly enjoyed her own piece of cake afterwards.

Madelyn and Reilynn enjoyed setting up stage in Madelyn's bedroom to perform for anyone who would watch.  In the pictures below you can see the audience lined up watching them.

Alyssa couldn't quite figure out the whole opening of presents things just yet.  It's a good thing she had her sister and cousin, Reilynn there to argue over who got to help open the next present:)  They were a big help, as always:)
Some gifts included a quite a few cute outfits, boots, Little People Princess Castle,  Leaptop, Fur Real Pup, and Radio Flyer trike.  She loves the trike and loves to have us push her around the house on it.  She'll really love it when we can get it outside in the spring!  Thank you to everyone who came and helped make this day a memorable one for our sweet girl.  We love you all!






















No comments: