Monday, November 7, 2011

Oh Monday, how you come so quickly...

Alyssa took her first steps last night! I have been so looking forward to her being able to walk.  She isn't quite a "walker" yet but it won't be long.  She is always turning and trying to take off from the coffee table or couch but last night she took 3-4 steps and was able to stand while keeping her balance a bit before kneeling down to the "tinky couch".  I will have to get a picture of her standing like a big girl:)

The big birthday party plans are well under way and I'm stressing about not getting it all done before Saturday.  It's not all about the party plan but everything else on my plate right now with my class. I have 4 papers all due the day of the party, 1 is complete which means I have 3 to write this week, while working all day.  Plus the weekly postings which take a good hour and a half.  We were also out of town this weekend visiting the Shumans (Robert's college roommate) and meeting their first baby boy, Reed.  My house is a mess and I need to do the usual cleaning before having 30 people over.  I really love entertaining, I just wish I could take the week off to get ready for it:)  Oh well, I know that no one really cares whether my base boards and trim are wiped down.  Or if the windows are washed, or the fridge cleaned...  Really, they don't.  I am just anal like that. And...I may or may not actually just find that kind of cleaning to be relaxing:)

No comments: