Tuesday, November 1, 2011

In other {adult} news:

Since I feel like I got the updates done on the girls, I'd like to share some recent and random thoughts of my own:)
  •  Just finished watching another new episode of "Last Man Standing" with Tim Allen and let me say, I love that man! I was so excited to have him come back to television and the show has not disappointed me.  I like those kinds of shows where I can just turn it on and follow it.  Each episode is not linked to the previous one and it's simple and entertaining.  He was also sporting a MICHIGAN shirt tonight and even gave a blow to Ohio State in conversation with his daughter. yeah!
  • Home alone tonight while Robert is in the U.P. for a work project.  I plan on getting to bed early and cuddling up with my new book...Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Piccoult (so good!)
  • My fourth grad class began yesterday and I am looking forward to getting another one under the belt. The last class was torture just because it didn't really apply to my teaching situation so much but this class should be pretty valuable and I am optimistic about it.  So far, I have learned quite a bit from this master's program.  I can't believe how fast it's all going.
  • I got new tires today!!!! My tires were completely bald.  I am ready for the nasty rain and snow in our near future!  I had a near death experience with a hydroplaning accident about 6 year ago  and it scared the dickens out of me and I have been nervous in the rain ever since.  
  • Speaking of tires...car shopping sucks! We are in the early stages of looking for a bigger vehicle. It's pretty much depressing...
  • Alyssa's birthday is on Thanksgiving this year but we are having her party on the 12th.  It's going to be pink, purple and blue polka dot themed.  I am excited!
  • Robert took his PE (professional engineer) exam last Friday...again. We are expecting that he won't pass but definitely do better.  He took a review class that was 8 weeks, 2 nights a week for 3 hours each and has been studying every night and weekend since so he has certainly done his share of work that's for sure! Seems to be that the 3rd time is a charm for most.  What a great surprise it would be if he did pass! He is really unhappy with his job at the time.  He has some legit frustrations with the company and how they do things so passing this test would be a wonderful leverage in looking for a new job. It will happen, we just have to be patient, I know.
  • I want to so badly to get back into shape like I was this last spring.  I have NO idea how I will find the time, between work, my school & homework, the girls, dinner and not to mention trying to get decent sleep.  When I was working out in the spring, I was coming home first, working out, then going to pick the girls up at 5.  This year, I have way too much to do at work alone, that I don't pick up the girls until 4:30-5 and that does not include having a workout. There is just no time. (tear..)
  • Ohhh! How could I forget?!?! We have a babysitter for Thanksgiving Eve!!! The superintendent is a neighbor of ours and he has a daughter in high-school.  She can just walk home which is even better!  Our other neighbor has twin boys whom she has babysat before and she highly recommends her. I am so looking forward to that night out.  It's also my sister in laws 25th birthday. Cheers!
  • I love that tomorrow is already Wednesday.  As I mentioned before, I had Monday off so the week is going rather quickly! Love that!
I suppose I will end on that note.  Hope all of my (non-existent) readers have a great week! But hey, it's cool- I'm entertaining myself anyway...:) yeah- go me!

No comments: