Madelyn slept until 10:15!!!! I was so glad though, bc the poor girl has been up so late and dragged (is that a word?) everywhere the last few days that I knew she desperately needed some sleep. My poor sleepy girl. I really wish I could say I enjoyed the morning more than I did, but that's so far from the truth. I felt so rushed from the minute I got up that I didn't have time to enjoy it or just sit and play and have family time. Especially since we didn't do madelyns present until 10:30. We were supposed to be at my in-laws at noon to open presents before going to my parents for Christmas dinner and all that jazz. Blaaah I definetly didn't like that part and I'm not sure how but I will do things differently next year. I don't want to be anywhere until at least 2pm. I even teared up on the way over there and that's not the way to start what's supposed to be a great day, is it? We spent the day at my parents' house having dinner, opening presents and playing American idol on the wii. SO MUCH FUN!!!! (the american idol thing) It's like kareoke but you get judged and points based on whether you stayed on key throughout the song. According to Simon, I am one of the top 3 vocalists he's ever heard!!!! hahah
Later again, we went back to Robert's parents' house to hang out. It's been a lot of fun because his brother Tim, his wife Sara, and their daughter Savannah are visiting from VA beach. They are also expecting a baby boy in March and haven't all been to Michigan in quite a few years. So we've been spending a lot of time with them and it's been great. That pretty much sums up our day. I'll post more pics on facebook eventually. Hope you had a great Christmas everyone!
2 comments:
okay missy you said you didn't get as much for Madelyn as we did for Maeve and it looks like Madelyn had a pretty hefty haul :) Just admit it- we spoil our kids!!!
hahah! She did get a good amount but she seriuosly didn't have much before Christmas...we haven't bought her any new toys except for the table thing that helped her to pull herself up and the walk/stroller thing. That was only bc she needed something to get her walking and standing. Other than that we NEVER buy toys- daddy won't let us! hahah
She had probably 15 presents to open on CHristmas morning....That's not bad I don't think. If she had anymore- we wouldn't have anywhere to put them in this little tiny home of ours!!:)
Post a Comment