Friday, December 26, 2008

Goodbye junky Nikon coolpix....HELLO SWEET CANON REBEL XSI!!!!!!

I'm not sure what is was this year but I got some really awesome gifts!!! Maybe it's being a mommy and always sacrificing my things and money for my daughter and hubby that put me top on the list for great gifts this year. I seriously haven't gotten excited over Christmas presents since I was maybe a freshman or sophomore in college. I was so excited on Christmas Eve, to open up a little silver box containing a pandora bracelet:) If you haven't seen or heard of these things, they are the latest charm bracelets on the market. I guess they have been around for years but are now coming back around?? I hadn't heard of them until my aunts went ga-ga over them last year. Next thing I knew, my mom was ga-ga over them as well as my grandma's....well gosh, I better get in on this too! So I said "sure I'd like one":) I only have 2 charms for them right now but I am excited to continue filling it up in the future. As my Uncle Brent told Robert " They're great- you're all set for Christmas, bdays, mothers day...anything, all you have to do is buy charms!" One stop shopping! haha
Thank you so much Grandpa and Sharon!!!

On to my next and most definely the best present I've ever recieved to date....There was a lot of anticipation put into the opening of this gift. I haven't been allowed to look at the bank account for probably the past month or snoop around at any deliveries that came to the door. Robert rarely puts much effort into gifts or surprises so when he told me over a month before Christmas, that he had already gotten my present, I thought he was kidding! After much thought and brain racking, a camera did dawn on me but all I was thinking is "there's no way he would spend that much," Then he said not to get him anything bc he spent more than enough, I thought is it possible? Let me tell you this camera is AMAZING!!!!! Thanks to my Uncle Mike for setting the standard really high when he bought the same camera for my aunts bday in June...I now have the sweetest camera everrrrrrr!! I am excited to be able to take pictures of madelyn and have them turn out great. I took 250 pics on Christmas day alone. The best part is being able to grab the camera, press the button and having it take the picture that exact second so I don't miss what I wanted to capture. The shutterspeed is SOOOOO FAST! My old camera was horrible and delayed and I was always missing the moments I wanted to get on camera. There is still so much we have to learn about this camera and all it's bells and whistles but we have a manual that we have been keeping closeby at all times. haha
Notice how awful this pic is...that was taken with the OLD camera...

The next one of the eye, now that is the NEW one. Pretty sweet huh?Tonight we have 1 more Christmas with the Millers (my MIL family) and then tomorrow we are off to the waterpark and hotel....I can't wait to relax and get this house back in order...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OHHHH I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!