Sunday, October 7, 2012

Robert's Dirty Thirty

My husband turned 30 this past August 17th and I decided to throw a surprise party at our house.  I contemplated the idea for awhile before actually going through with it.  I didn't know how well I'd be able to pull it off without having his help with it all and especially didn't know how I'd foot the bill while keeping his in the dark.  I figured out a way and before I knew it had a whole slew of peeps RSVPing for this shin dig.  I prayed the weather would follow suit and to my luck it did!  We had the party on a Friday night so that I'd have the day to prepare while he was working.  My parents and in-laws helped tremendously and I wouldn't have pulled it off without their help.  Aunt Terri also saved me the day of with offering to stay with the girls while I got ready!  We had Mat's Cafe pulled pork as the main dish and other side dishes and apps made by my mom, mother-in-law, sis-n-laws and myself.  We also had a keg, bonfire, lawn games and music.  It was a great time and everyone enjoyed being together celebrating 30 years of Robert's life!

























Happy Birthday, Love! Can't wait to grow old together!

1 comment:

Leslie Collins said...

What a fun evening. I actually made that cake for Father's Day last year. :)