Friday, December 5, 2008

A little under the weather:(

When I picked Madelyn up from daycare on Wednesday, she felt warm to me. I couldn't find the thermometer for under her arm so I had to use the one that goes in her ear. It said she had a temp. around 100.3 or so. Different readings in each ear (that's why I don't like them) I gave her some tylenol and didn't think much of it because she wasn't acting as if she didn't feel good. Her nose had begun to run again and sounded congested. We had 2 solid weeks with a boogie-free nose! Now that's nice:) Anyway, I forgot about it and when Robert got her out of her crib yesterday morning he mentioned that she felt warm to him. I took the temp and her seemed to be the same as the night before. I took her to daycare and they said it was fine if she came since it was low. I never got a call during the day and her babysitter said she was great all day and her temp. had gone away but when she woke up from her nap, she was warm again.
I called the doc. because she aws also supposed to get her 2nd flu shot today (friday) or else it would be too late. Robert and I had a MSPE (engineer thing) fundraiser dinner last night at Bullingers so Madelyn went to my parents' house. She just did a lot of snuggling and sleeping. She was still warm when we got her around 10:30 so I sent in for a sub for my classroom. Her temp now was 101. The doc wanted to see her today, with or without the temp. to decide about the flu shot. Anyway, we woke up this morning, her temp was gone and she got checked out at the docs (all is fine) and got her flu shot:) So all my stressing about her not getting her shot, turned out okay. Good.

The bummer thing is that tomorrow we have family pictures!!! Boo and her runny nose and rosy cheeks/nose are back. Maybe it will look better in the morning. I knew I should have gotten them LAST weekend when she was clear, dy, and healthy. Oh well, what can ya do...

1 comment:

Russ and Karen Gaston said...

Glad to hear your little one isn't really sick. I think we are all getting what ever is going around. Ughhh. Its the worst when you're sick and your kids are sick too! Anyway, have a good weekend!