Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday nights.....

Here I am sitting at my computer with a bowl of icecream, pumpkin spice candles burning and our Christmas tree all lit and looking pretty. I love Sundays because they are so relaxing but yet so not relaxing in a way. I always do all the laundry from the entire week (about 5 loads) and clean this place from top to bottom. Okay not quite top to bottom but pretty close. I clean the bathroom, sweep and mop floors, dust vacum and of course the kitchen but I do that every night without exception. I just love how clean everything smells. Madelyn is asleep and was definetly exauseted after missing her nap this afternoon because the 3 of us went into Meijers and Auto Zone:)
Last night we went over to my brother's house to hang out with him and the Van Dusen's, Ty, Ann and Lyilah. (they live with my brother) Lyilah is just 2 months younger than Madelyn and such a cute little thing! They enjoyed looking, smiling and touching eachother. haha
I also had lunch with my good friend Kelli and her boy Nolan who is 3 months younger than Madelyn. Again they loved just watching and touching eachother. (more like batting they hands)

So tomorrow is Monday but a short week indeed. Yay! I am in desperate need for a little break and R&R. I am looking forward to going out with friends Wednesday night too. My cousin is coming over to babysit. I think of a couple families that I used to babysit for allll the time and think they must've gone broke from paying me!!! hahah My sitter's have it easy though. We stay long enough to put Madelyn to bed at 7 and then take off. She's left there with icecream, popcorn, the tv and she gets paid for it all!! Those were the days....hahah

Let's see...what's new with Madelyn. Oh yeah!!! She kissed me last night!!! I swear she leaned in, puckered her lips and kissed mine. It was SO SWEET! She's big into pointing to anything and everything, standing up, squating down, standing back up, squating down, standing back up...you get the picture, waving, clapping, playing peek-a-boo, dancing to music, taking things in and out of her stroller/walker thing, and she has 2 new teeth to total 5! She's also totally into waking up to eat around 3 or 4am:( and the days of her sleeping in on the weekend are OVER. We're up by 7:30 now, not matter how late she stays up. Oh and I am officially (started Friday) not pumping anymore! I'm still nursing morning and night and more on the weekends but she will take 1 bottle of formula during the day while at daycare. I'm happy to not have to wash the dang bottles and pump crap every night anymore. 1 less thing to worry about.
We are having a blast with her and marvel over all her new tricks daily. I can't believe she will soon be 11 months! Where has the time gone?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't believe she is almost 11 months old already! That is crazy! I love the picture of the 3 of you.

Unknown said...

FUN! Madelyn is doing so many new things! When are we going to get our girly girls together???

So about this wed. night, I think I'm sittin' it out! I am on so many meds (pain killers for my darn tooth) that if I were to combine any of them with alcohol it would be BAD NEWS! But I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Unknown said...

Oh just thought of something- since we're sitting this "night-before-thanksgiving" out, we probably won't be going next one either because we'll HOPEFULLY be preggo!!!

Thats exciting huh?

kathryn said...

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your family!