I'm still having issues with my blog....annoying
Anyway, I can't believe it's November already. Seriously, wasn't summer just wrapping up and I was beginning my new job? The time has flow but all the same I am very excited for the season. I LOVE Christmas and the November to January months. The holidays are always great and filled with so many family and friends events. I am very excited to be back in Jackson this year, since last year we were still living in Charlotte and spent Christmas just the two of us, pregnant. :) I will be fun to wake up Christmas morning with Robert, Madelyn and I and open our presents around the tree. Oh I can't wait to get that tree up and decorate it! According to my husband, I am not allowed to start all that jazz until the day after Thanksgiving. That's his rule, not mine. I'd be all about it if he'd let me. Well, I did listen to my Kenny G Christmas album today in the car- It was wonderful:)O I officially started my shopping last weekend. I was getting worried that I'd get it done too quickly and not be a part of the shopping crowd in December (which I like) but then I thought about it. The weeks and weekends ANSOLUTELY FLY BY now that I am working and especially having a baby. I can't just pick up whenever and do what I want. I work on her schedule on the weekends so I have to get it all done as soon as possible or time will get away from me and before I know it- it's the week before Christmas.
So like I said we have so many things to fill these next couple of months. We have 2 formal Christmas parties, one for Commonwealth Assoc. and the other is for my work. We are actually having a dinner, open bar and dancing downtown combined with Hanover Horton staff (yeah Kelli!!) So that will be SO much fun! Then we will have my parents' church Christmas dinner at Davis'. Of course Christmas Eve out at the lake, then to my sister-n-law, Heidi's and on Christmas day to my parents' and my in-laws. TWO DAYS later my grandparents take all of the fam to a hotel and some sort of waterpark for a night. This year we are going to "Splash" at Cabella's?? and staying the night in their new lodging area. I guess it may have been new last year but we were in NC so we couldn't attend:( I hear Madelyn will love the waterpark and kiddie pool area with all the fountains. can't wait! That also means I will have to get this pasty, WHITE bod into a bathing suit- scary!
On top of all that we are in the midst of planning our ski trip that we always take with my mom's siblings and all the cousins. Robert is probably the most excited of all for this. He had never skiied before in his life until I introduced him to it a few years ago. He had to miss our trip the first year we were together bc a friend's mom passed. The next year he finally got to come and fell in love with it! I got him his first pair of skiis for Christmas that year and then we never got anymore snow. We went up north with friends for New Years and ended up skiing in the rain. Yuck. So last year I was pregnant and our skiis sat in the closet. This year we are itching for the snow and ready to wax em' up and hit those slopes!!
I know you all have so many things you look forward to this time of year. I just want to encourage you to try not to wish the time away too quickly because before you know it, it's over and done with and just becomes another memory. Happy Holidays!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The chiropractor is awesome! I take Avah and Benn there. He adjusts Avah so that she doesn't get so many ear infections (helps the fluid flow out of her ear canals better) and Benn to help with his GI track and intestine issues that we went to UofM for a few weeks ago. So far so good! I go for preventative stuff and b/c I get severe headaches a lot(although they've been a lot less frequent and less severe since I've been going). You should check into taking Madelyn. Couldn't hurt.
I love your new blog look- and your new family pic! ADORABLE! So I got my wisdom teeth out on Friday- not sure how I'll feel wed. but if I am feeling better, maybe we will come out for a few drinks... we need to catch up!!! Miss you guys!!! And Madelyn!!!
Post a Comment