Monday, September 1, 2008

Things are looking UP:)

Well today officially marks the last day of summer for the Wheelers, boo:( I really get sad when summer ends because I love how relaxed and yet how crazy but exciting the summer season is. I LOVED being home with Madelyn every day, all day and being able to wake up to her and be a part of all her new and exciting milestones day after day. I love her soooo much!!!!

After searching for a teaching job all summer to no avail, last minute one popped up at Arnold Elem. in Michigan Center and I was hired a week ago! I am thrilled to be in that district. It is where I did my student teaching and I love the people and the atmosphere there. It's great, so I am very thankful. I'll be the resource room teacher for mostly 2nd graders. (I only have 7 students right now) Doors were closed prior to this job but the Lord knew where He wanted me and here I am, so thankful:) It's nice to have a paycheck each week now. Robert and I are getting paid bi-weekly but opposite weeks which convienent! I can't believe the difference of teaching in the south compared to here in Michigan. It's crazy the differences!! Pay and benefits! Moving to the north (with a Union) and being my 3rd year teaching I took a 30% pay raise WOW! On top of that the health insurance is AWESOME. No co-pays, free chiropratics, massages...you name it. It can't be beat. I know that education and the medical profession have a reputation for awesome health insurance but after having very terrible insurance in NC, I can truley be grateful for MESSA:) I had messa my 1st year teaching at Addison but was single and didn't tap into it like I will now. For those of you who don't know- we paid almost $8000 for Madelyn's birth! We'd do it again in a heartbeat but you can see how happy we will be to pay NADDA for the next one:) Oh and yet ANOTHER bonus to that health insurance-My whole family is covered at no cost either! NO COST! that means Robert was able to cancel his insurance and now his salary just jumped $2000. Cheers all around!!!

No comments: