Last night we had the whole gang over for Robert's 26th birthday. This was the first time having more than just a set of parents over at one time to our little place but it worked out great. We had plenty of room and we had a great time. I was so excited to throw Robert a little bday bash and even more excited for him to open up his present!!!! I was so sneaky and was able to find out (from him) what set of golf irons he had his eye on, get them from out of town, AND convince him that I wasn't going to spend $200+ on a single present for him...because ya know....."I don't have a job" hahah So without him knowing I took up a collection (ha), made a few phone calls to track down this set, planned a mothere-daughter shopping trip with Madelyn while he had a golf outing in Detroit, drove to Okemos to get them, found out they had just sold the last set before I got there(they couldn't hold over night), called to Eastwood to check on them, drove to Eastwood to get them, tried to be old fashion by writing a check so that it wouldn't show in the bank account right away (spoiling the surprise), had my check rejected by a "code 2" (wtf???), opted for my DEBIT card (same account as the check!!!-duh!!!), debit card worked just fine so I walked out with a new set of irons, hubby had to swear not to check the bank account online for another day....ANNDDDD all this time he was convinced that I didn't get him the irons bc it would have been too much for me to spend on him:)
So Sunday night we had his parents, my parents, Savannah (visiting us from VA!!), his sister Heidi and her kids Brady and Reilynn and my parents over for cake and icecream. I made a confetti cake with the best frosting everrrrr- RAINBOW CHIP:)mmmmmm and Robert's favorite Cherry Cordial icecream and my Mackinac Island Fudge:) delightful. He opened up his cards and while he was doing that I ran downstairs to grap his box and brought them up. He was so SURPRISED and totally not expecting to get them! My dad brought over some whiffle balls and he hit some in the backyard. He also was trying to teach Brady and Savannah to swing a club- it was cute. We had a great night:)
No comments:
Post a Comment