Monday, July 14, 2008

Brought to you courtesy of the RED, WHITE & BLUE!






We had the best time over the 4th of July weekend. Of course, I had to forget my camera out at the lake and didn't get back out until yesterday. So I will fill you in on our celebrations:)

On Friday the 4th, we went to Round Lake (Manitou Beach) to visit the Ryan and Alesia Shuman who were home visiting for the weekend. Robert lived with Ryan for 2 years while attending U of M. Anyway we visited out there for a few hours just sitting around, eating and talking and catching up. After leaving there we made our way to my Grandparent's house on Lake Columbia. My FAVORITE place to be in the summer! Some family were visitng from Chicago so we were able to catch them in time for a boat ride, drinks and sparklers at night. I don't do the whole sparklers thing but the kids love it so it's fun to watch them run around being crazy, excited to be with their cousins. Madelyn hadn't had much sleep during the day so I fed her some peas, nursed her and got her to sleep so we could hang out for awhile. I had wanted to get home at a decent time so we could get back out earlier the next day since we had to leave early but that didn't so much work out. We stayed until I think 11 or so and then went home and crashed.

The next day (the 5th) was the official 4th of July party where EVERYONE and their brother would be there. It was the day of the boat parade and fireworks. We got out to the lake around 11 that morning so we were able to have a good while before the wedding. The weather was B-E-A-utiful! I played volleyball with Robert and holy cow I was so sore the next day! hahahha That tells you just how "in shape" I am:)
We took Madelyn swimming in her little seahorse floaty and she loved it. The waters were so rough and she was riding the waves like a champ! It kept her dry in the face too, which was cool! It wasn't splashing her all over the place like I was expecting. So that was fun. Robert kept busy for most of the day playing volleyball (being the monkey in the middle) with all the girls. I captured some pics of him and the girls. (my cousins)
We had to leave around 3:30 after putting Madelyn down for a nap. She stayed with her Grammy and Grampa for the rest of the night and fireworks. We had a good time at the wedding but being the first time leaving her for that long, I missed her A LOT! She amazed me and stayed up with her Grampa, all wide eyed and bushy tailed until 11:30 before falling asleep!! To say the least I had an exausted girl for the next 3 days.....
Now the 4th is over and sadly fall is just around the corner:(

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

She is so cute, Allison!! I love the pic where she is driving the boat. Aww!