Thursday, June 26, 2008

Making progress!! :)

So as you know yesterday our truck arrived with our things. yay! I was there until about 2 o'clock when they finished unloading. Holy crap I had no idea we had so much stuff!!! We had 120 items on the check list! The movers said that we had quite a bit considering we moved from a 2 bedroom apartment too. Anyway, by the time they were finished unloading and left, I couldn't do much unpacking because I had to either get back to Madelyn to nurse her or to pump. So I had to leave and when I came back I ended up nursing her and falling asleep with her. It was a much needed nap I must say. I woke up feeling kind of stressed thinking of everything we had to do to even get the house ready for us to stay the night. I finally decided with Robert not getting home from work until after 5 and our beds not being assembled or having a fully stocked kitchen that we better stay at my parents' one more night. This is fine since I know we are making some progress! We ordered pizza (mmmmm- how I missed Marco's) and then went over to the house for a few hours. My parents and Madelyn came along too because we knew Madelyn would be completely content playing in her long lost Jump-er-ROO!!!! She LOVES that thing and is entertained for hours!! My Aunt Sara and the boys came over to help out too. (well mostly to see Madelyn of course!) We were able to clear out a lot of boxes and get them into the basement so there is more room to get around. We also got the bedrooms in order and appliances out in the kitchen. (most of them) I have been working on painting the living room and it still needs the second coat but that can wait a couple of days. I also need to paint the bedrooms and I can't wait to see the end product. I must say I am a BA painter considering it's my very FIRST time tackling such a task!!!

Oh yeah and everything arrived as far as we know with the exception of our couch being broken. I'm not sure yet if this is a going to upset me or make me happy. Robert still has to call about the insurance and find out what the verdict is. The movers said they will replace it but since it's not their job to do that kind of stuff- they don't know exactlly what "replace it" entails. I hope we don't get screwed over!!!!

I am heading over to work on more unpacking today and hopefully everything gets finished:) Our friends, The McKenney's were so nice to have invited us over for dinner tonight, so we are excited about that! It really worked out with perfect timing since we have an empty kitchen:) Madelyn can't wait to see Maeve and all of her new tricks she has to show us!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea!! We're so excited to see you guys too!!!
Hopefully everything works out with the couch! I know when our furniture got ruined in the flood we made out like bandits :)