I can't believe we have already approached Madelyns 2 month point! Where did the time go? I was driving today and it hit me that my little "newborn" is gone and she is a baby instead:) I can't believe how much she has changed in such little time, yet I don't know when she changed. I'm with her every day, all day but still it amazes me the change that has already taken place. She is just the sweetest, most precious little girl and I can't thank the Lord enough for bestowing such a blessing upon us.
Nights are continuing to go well and have improved a little bit. We usually get to bed each night between 10:30 and 11:30 and Madelyn will sleep about 5 1/2 hours before wanting to eat. I enjoy that long stretch of much needed sleep each night. When she awakes to eat, she barely gets herself awake enough to eat and then falls back to sleep after only 5-10 minutes of nursing. Works out great for me because it barely gives me time to wake up and then its back to bed! Days are always different fom day to day. Some days she will sleep most of the time and wake for feedings in between. Other days she will be awake most of the time and eat a lot. The days when she is awake, I like to stay home. She has become SO alert in the last month that its hard to get anything by her. She's very picky when we are in the car, about not stopping or slowing down too much. haha It's pretty funny because Charlotte traffic is terrible and we are often at a red light or stuck in traffic. She likes to fuss as soon as the car slows down and quiets once it speeds back up. When we are out shopping she likes to keep moiving as well or else she gets restless in her carseat. THat can become a problem as you can imagine. I had to leave the grocery store in the middle of my shopping trip a couple of weeks ago because Madelyn decided she was hungry and wasn't going to give up until she was fed. My cart was about half full so i thought I'd check out what I had....BAD IDEA, the lines were ridiculous and with a screaming baby, I wasn't going to put everyone through the torture of listening to her for the time it would take to stand in line and get checked out. On the flip side, we went shopping today and she fell asleep and stayed asleep the entire trip! yay! That was a GREAT grocery store trip!
This past weekend the weather in Charlotte was beautiful, about 70 and sunny so we decided to go on our 1st walk down this newly developed nature trail. Madelyn loved being outdoors and the stroller put her right to sleep. Mommy and Daddy got a 3 mile walk in too! BONUS! Well I think thats wraps up what's going on with us...
2 weeks and we will be in Michigan with everyone! We are SUPER excited to show off our little angel:)
2 comments:
I'm glad things are going so well for you and your family! Keep updating with pictures of your beautiful baby girl :)
She is getting so big! She's adorable.
Post a Comment