The weather this year turned out pretty cold and rainy so I was unsure what we would do Halloween night. Robert had to work out of town with a day notice and so sadly he would not be with us. I contemplated taking the girls to an indoor trunk-or-treat at a church until we got home from school and Madelyn was knocked out on the couch until 6:00. I had taken her temp. and she was also running a fever of 99.5 so I wasn't sure what the evening had instore for her. 6:00 rolled around and I woke her up from her little slumber to see what she wanted to do and if she felt ready to eat and trick-or-treat. Who was I kidding? Of course, she was up for it all! We quickly ate some tacos and I got the girls into their costumes. I knew we had a couple of neighbors who would be expecting these two to make their rounds at their doorstep at some point so we had better get a move on. We went to 3 houses and then I decided to load them in the car and drive house to house. With each house, I had to get out and open Madelyn's door and wait for her return but it was well worth the joy I saw on her face. She even let out of "Mom, don't come with me!" at one house. Alyssa was content sitting in her carseat holding her pumpkin of candy. She had to have the light on in the back seat and made sure I knew it. She sat and played with her candy in such a cute way. (in the car and back at home). Here are the few pictures I snuck in:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment