Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween = No School for me!

I love having a 3 day weekend, especially when it's a Monday off. The weekends are so busy and it's nice to have a day to relax:) Life has been SO good lately!! Busy but good. I can hardly contain all my excitement this time of year with the holidays fast approaching!

Tonight, we might head to a trunk-or-treat but that's a big maybe. It's so hard because Alyssa goes to bed so early. (like 6:30 early) Otherwise, we will stick to our neighborhood like we did last year. It takes a while to get all the way around because the houses here are far apart so I'll take Alyssa to a couple houses and bring her back while Robert does the loop with Madelyn. I remember it took us almost 2 hours last year and I was walking it at almost 9 months pregnant. Oh the memories...

Last weekend we visited the local pumpkin patch. I had the girls all bundled up because it was cold earlier that day when we were out for ballet. I quickly discovered it was not so cold once we got there and everyone else was not dressed in layers. I guess that was a pleasant surprise upon arrival. Madelyn enjoyed the bounce house and pony ride. The girls played in the pumpkins while trying to catch some pictures. Alyssa enjoyed putting every piece of hay, leaf, dirt etc. in her mouth. And last but certainly not least, we enjoyed donuts and cider.








We also did some baking last weekend, just my big girl and I. We made Halloween cupcakes and Madelyn really likes all the different sprinkles. She was grinning from ear to ear when we took some over to the neighbor girl Erin and then to Isaac and Shae.





No comments: