The week leading up to halloween, Madelyn was sick and I was home with her all week. She had the H1N1 flu and just took it easy all week. Thankfully, it didn't get too serious and she recovered all on her own. She did have the really high fever and with motrin/tylenol every 4 hours I was only managing to keep her temp. around 102-103. One night, it got up to 103.8 and nothing was bringing it back down. I'll admit, I was pretty nervous but I kept her in bed with me to keep and eye on her. I think I checked her temp. every 10 minutes all night long. After about 6 hours of that , it finally broke around 5 am and I was relieved. I didn't rush into the ER because I knew that was only going to be zoo and I'd rather be up all night at home than up all night waiting in an ER waiting room. Other than the temps, she wasn't too fussy, just real tired and layed around a lot. Then there were times she was up playing, usually until her medicine started to wear off.
On a positive note, she does not have to get the H1N1 vaccine now because she is immune to it:) I was planning on getting it for her. I was nervous about it but more nervous about her getting real sick without it. The Lord took care of that decision for me and I praise Him for having his hand on the situation the whole time. I've also been able to stay completely healthy this fall. Thank you Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment