Sunday, January 11, 2009

Madelyn's 1st Bday Party











We had a great time celebrating Madelyn's birthday last night at my parent's house. She had only taken a morning nap and missed her afternoon nap so needless to say she was pretty sleepy for the party. She did however, manage to impress her family as she showed off her new walking skills and cheesy smiles. We ate chili, sweedish meatballs, queso dip and chips, cake and ice cream. I had a little cake for Madelyn so she was free to do with it what she chose. I wasn't too sure she would make much of a mess with the cake bc she is usually pretty neat and particular about her food. It's funny. Plus, she very rarely has any kind of sweets so I didn't think she would care too much for the frosting. I was right, she was not interested in her cake one bit. She did however, manage to make a little mess bc of that darn itch she encountered on her face, so naturally she itched it and got frosting all over her forehead. haha And the rest of her mess was of pink frosting all over her arm and elbow, only because she had eyed her blankie over in the corner and was reaching for it, across her cake:) I think she takes after her dadda who doesn't care for cake either. hahah She knew what she wanted... and that was a nap! Aunt Nae gave her a bottle and she was fast asleep for almost 2 hours after the cake:) It was a fun time and we'll have good memories to look back on as she grows over the years. We have her doctors appointment on Tuesday and I will post her stats and all that good stuff. :)

3 comments:

Russ and Karen Gaston said...

Looks like your little princess had a great 1st birthday! Her pics are darling. You have a beautiful little one.

Jamie said...

I can't believe Madelyn is 1 already. It's amazing how fast time flies by. It looks like she had a nice 1st birthday. What a little cutie pie:)

Jessica Perry said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Madelyn!