

THEN...just last weekend Robert and I went to the Michigan game. (embarrasing loss to Toledo) The game was at noon so we left Madelyn with Robert's parents for the day. The day was gorgeous and HOT. My poor girl (again) came home with mosquito welts all over her head and face and a few on the arms!! I was not happy to say the least! She was eatin' alive! So I spent that week putting cortisone cream on the bites so she wouldn't itch them. She looked terrible between the welts and the black eye....The bites have just about cleared up now (a week later) except for 2 on her forhead that have a scab from the itching. boo:(
Again, the pictures don't do justice to all the red welts she really had. Take my word for it...it was bad.


It's been a little while since I've had a chance to update so I will recap the last couple of weeks for you. The two pictures above are of Madelyn sporting her new black eye. Well, it doesn't look as bad because I took the pictures a couple days after it happened but it wasn't pretty to look at. It was the one morning that she was actually awake before going to daycare, so I got her dressed and ready to go. Robert was still home at the time and I was in the kitchen getting my breakfast ready to take out the door. She was climbing up on this crate I had in the hallway. (waiting for me to take to school) Her hand slipped and she bumped her eye on the corner!!! ahhhhh She cried and cried and I was late to work as I consolled her and got her calmed down. We waited a few minutes to see a mark so we would know exactlly what had hit and sure enough and reddish, purple line formed under her eye. Robert saw her go down and said it was awful. Poor girl:(
She is better now and the scab has healed.
Oh and a side note- that happened 2 days before her 9 month pictures were scheduled to be done. nice timing!
No comments:
Post a Comment