Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bookstore madness...

So today Robert went to the Michigan game and it was me and my girl for the day. I was long overdue for a good shopping spree for MYSELF and decided to go to the Tanger outlets in Howell. I found some great bargains and clothes that I actually got excited about! It seemed every time I'd go look for myself I never found anything I liked. Weird. Anyway, we were in the last store and I was looking at some books. I had given Madelyn a box to her shoes that she just got, so she had something to entertain herself with. She was getting antsy and wanting to get down and go so I was desperate. I was checking out and then I noticed her kind of choking/gagging. More so gagging but still it startled me and I freaked out a bit. On the verge of tears but not quite. I squeezed her cheeks and noticed some paper in the back of her tongue. Completely grossed out at the thought of my germ infested shopped all day fingers in her mouth, I proceeded to try and scoop it out. It was so far back and I couldn't get it. She was kind of sitting just staring at me at this point but not gagging anymore. I didn't know what was happening. I just wanted it to either go down or come back out. Then I realized she had swallowed it. I guess I could say I was relieved that she swallowed it though. A lady standing near by asked what it was and when I said paper she assured me that was fine, it kind of dissolves and told me she had 3 boys and all have swallowed paper and they were fine. hahah Good to know I am the mom who freaks out at anything but also good to see her fine and not choking on paper in her mouth. I felt like a bad mom for a moment there until I could catch my cool. Let's just say I worked up quite a sweat in that bookstore today. But we did have a great day just my girl and I:)

1 comment:

Jessica Perry said...

Scary, I know! I had the same scare just yesterday. I was in the other room and Mike was in the kitchen. I heard Jordan coughing/gagging like he was starting to choke on something. Mike and I rushed into the living room and tried to open his mouth. He must had already swallowed it. I have no idea what it was...eeek. I freaked of course. Raising a baby is quite stressful at times!