Friday, August 8, 2008

Healthy eating....

So I have been saying this all summer but I REALLY, I mean REALLY need to start being more careful with what I put into my mouth and start eating healthier meals. It's been really hard this summer (not that it just started over the summer) to make healthy choices for lunch, dinner etc. With all the dinner invitations, summer cookouts and meals on the go, it's rare for Robert and I to sit down for dinner at our house, the 3 of us and eat a nice healthy meal prepared by ME. That happens maybe twice a week and that's all. I really hope that once the summer ends and we get into more of a schedule, we can get back on track with our eating. I'm not saying this so that I can lose weight (although my hubby can stand to lose a few-lol) but just to feel better physically and of course....be healthy.
Things I need start limiting:
1. French Fries:(
2. chips
3. cheese
4. sweets aka cookies

Oh how I looooove my fries and that will be hard to give up. I figure as long as I can keep my eating out to a minimum- I will be fine with this. (and shoot-we'll save money!!) But boy do I crave fries a lot. Chips won't be too hard, I just won't keep many bags in the house. With the cheese, I just want to start limiting how much I add to my food. I had to limit it when Madelyn's stomach was sensitive to it, so I'm sure I can do this again. Cookies- I have a bad habbit of buying those darn 2 dozen Nestle Toll House blocks of cookie dough and throwing a batch in the oven a few nights a week. I suppose I will stop doing that too....
Well that's my plan- BUT it might not work too well until next month. I'll do my best!

No comments: