Okay so I have been reading blogs of friends lately and have been inspired to jump on that bandwagon and start blogging reglularly. It was so hard when I was working and barely having time to even sit down to enjoy dinner. So here I am....promising to keep up. (at least for the summer) hahah
Things on my mind lately......
1. MONEY MONEY MONEY (or lack there of)
2. Getting our stupid moving truck to Michigan so we can move out of my parents!!
I woke up early this morning with Robert, mainly because I had to iron his clothes for work but when I did I sat down with my dad and we had a conversation that got me all fired up. Not at him, just about the issues we have to face these days. I have never really paid much attention to the rising costs of gas or I guess even cared for that much. I just filled up each week and even though my vehicle would continually take more and more as the weeks went on, it was what it was. But seriously now- WHAT THE HECK!?!?! It's been a few years and all it does is get more and more expensive. When will it stop? We aren't seeing these kinds of drastic increases in our salaries so what is going to happen? When will enough, be enough? It feels like before long I will just be working so I can pay for my gas to get around!!! We all know that teachers make a whole grand whopping what?- 35 grand a year! This just sucks. When I got my license 9 years ago (wow!- I'm old) it took me all of $12 to fill up my gas tank and now with an Escape it takes almost 6x that! It's so ridiculous! It won't be long and I'm going to be paying over $100 just to fill up a small SUV. It's scary to think about and with groceries getting more expensive too....:(
Oh blah now I am just more pissed....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YaY! I'm glad you'll be blogging more often :)
I think of gas prices and inflation every stinking day. Its depressing and so scary to think of what will happen if prices don't drop or if salaries don't increase soon. Its disgusting that gas has risen 4x's in the past 8 years or so... especially considering that it only increased by, what, a dollar or so from the time our parents were teens to the time we were teens? So, in 20+ years gas only increased a tiny bit and then within 4-5 years it quadruples? Ridiculous.
Also, congrats on moving back to MI! Where did you buy a house? Have you found a job yet?
yeah gas prices are insane!!!!! I've been walking Maeve all over the place lately... to my parents, to the party store, I even walked the other day to Subway for lunch. JUST to prove a point about the stinking gas!
Oh and I LOVE that you are going to blog on a regular basis! I LOVE it! Sometimes I blog 2 times a day!!! Depends on what is going on ya know? Anyways its an awesome way to document the "days of our lives." ahhh :)
Post a Comment