Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Little Beauty...


I'm beginning to get into the grind of this whole mommy-hood business. Things are going very well at home and Madelyn has been such a blessing. I'm just so thankful to have a happy and healthy baby girl. She continues to do well at night and usually sleeps 4-5 hours at a time before waking up to eat and quickly dozing as soon as she is satisfied.
Last week Madelyn started to spit up after feedings which was something she hadn't been doing. I felt like her belly was kind of bothering her because her grunting and groaning had also increased and sometimes she just kept wiggling and strecting like her belly was uncomfortable. Well I was feeding her and up it came but it wasn't your typical spit up. This was projectile vomitting and it was all over my face and down my shirt. I tried not to freak over it but decided just to keep an eye on it before calling the doctor. I figure she must have reflux or something. A few hours later I notice her gagging in her Bobby bouncer seat so I rush over to her, pick her up and as I go to pat her back blaaaaaaaaaahhhh all over Mommy, the couch and Madelyn. Again, vomit....So I called her pediatrician and she wanted me to bring Madelyn in since it was Friday and the weekend was ahead of us. She didn't have any more episodes that day and when we went to the doctor, she wasn't too concerned because her weight gain was right on track and everything else looked good. They decided to have the doctor on call for the weekend give us a call Saturday morning to check on us. Luckily,she's been fine since. I later figured out what I think caused the vomitting. That would be ICECREAM!!!! I had icecream those 2 nights prior and since Robert also used to have this problem, it only makes sense. Good news for Madelyn, bad news for me because I can't enjoy a nice bowl of icecream as long as I'm nursing her. Oh well, I'm over it:) Well Madelyn is sleeping now and I better join her!

1 comment:

kathryn said...

I'm glad you got that mystery solved and taken care of! It sounds like the Wheeler family is doing well :)